Below you can find a list of the most frequently asked questions:
- What is PasteNord all about? - PasteNord is a website where you can store any text online for easy sharing. The idea behind the site is to make it more convenient for people to share large amounts of text online.
- Who can see my pastes? - If you create a public paste, your paste will show up for everybody. You can also create unlisted pastes, these items will be invisible for others unless you share your paste link. If you are a member of PasteNord you can also create private pastes. These items can only be viewed by you when you are logged in and are therefore password protected. Search engines will only index public pastes.
This is our help page, below you can find a list of the most frequently asked questions:
What is your Acceptable Use Policy?
Broadly speaking, the site was created to help programmers. You are however welcome to post any type of text to PasteNord. Please do not post email lists, password lists, or personal information. The "report abuse" feature can be used to flag such pastes and they will be deleted. Do not aggressively spider the site.
Do NOT post:
- email lists
- login details
- stolen source code
- hacked data
- copyrighted information / data
- password lists
- banking / creditcard / financial information / data
- personal information / data
- pornographic information / data
- spam links (this includes promoting your own site)
If you do not comply with our Acceptable Use Policy we might ban your account and/or IP address from the website. More information can be found in our Terms of Service.
How can I contact PasteNord?
Check out our contact page.
What is MY PASTENORD?
When you create an account you get your own PasteNord. This means you can now store pastes and have full control over them at any point in the future. Having your own PasteNord is also great for sharing your paste with others. Your PasteNord is both public and private at the same time. Your public pastes are visible to everybody while the private ones are only visible to you.
How do folders work?
Folders are available to all users. When you create a new paste, simply select the folder where you want the past to be posted. If you click the + symbol, you can also create a new folder, and the paste will then be placed into that folder. When editing a paste you can move/remove a paste from a folder.
Who can see my folders?
If a user creates a folder, and puts 'public' pastes in that folder, to others, those pastes will show up in the root folder of that PasteNord account. However, for the logged-in user who created the folder, those pastes will show in the folder they were put in.
How many pastes can I create?
Various things can trigger this captcha spam protection.
A few examples are:
- trying to create a certain amount of new pastes in a short period of time. (flooding)
- trying to create pastes with links in it.
- trying to create duplicate pastes.
- trying to create pastes with 'suspicious' keywords in it.
Who can see my pastes?
1. If you create a public paste (public by default), your paste will show up for everybody in the menu on the right and on the archive pages. You can also create unlisted pastes, these items will be invisible for others unless you share your paste link. 2. If you are a member of PasteNord you can also create private pastes. These items can only be viewed by you when you are logged in and are therefore password protected. Search engines will only index public pastes.
How can I get content removed?
You are only able to remove items that you created while you were logged in. If you pasted something as a guest, there is no quick delete option. You can however use the 'REPORT ABUSE' button above each paste, and explain why the item has to be removed. We try to handle all removal requests within 24 hours. You can also email us.
How does your hits counter work?
The hits shown above each paste displays the number of unique visitors. We only count a visitor once per a certain amount of time, and we try to filter out bot & scraper traffic from the hits counter. We also do not include hits that came from the RAW version of pastes, so only the hits that happened on our actual website.
What is the maximum paste size?
The maximum size of a paste can be is 512 kilobytes (0.5 megabytes). This is should be enough for almost any script, and it prevents people from jamming our servers.
For which languages do you offer syntax highlighting?
Can I advertise my product/brand on Pastebin?
Absolutely! Contact us directly.
Can I change my username?
Absolutely! It is available to all users. What about getting a username that is already taken? This is also possible, but only if the user in question has become inactive. This means, if a user has no pastes in the his-her account, and hasn't logged in for over 6 months. On the username changer page, you can check username availability.
Do my pastes stay online forever?
That depends on you. You decide if you want your pastes to "expire". Setting an expiration date will automatically remove the paste after a certain amount of time. Also, as a member, you can always delete your pastes whenever you like.
At this moment in time, we do not delete pastes that do not have an expiration date. But in the future, we might automatically delete pastes that have not been viewed by anyone in more than 6 months. Again, this is not something we are doing at this moment. But we might start doing it in the future.
Will you delete my paste without warning?
No. We do not delete paste of users without first contacting our users to make the necessary changes required before we take action if neglected. This is something other paste services don't offer, here at PasteNord.Org, we make sure your contents or hard work never leaves your comfort zone.